For those of you who don't know me welcome. I am a 56 year old happily (as of the moment) married mother of three and soon to be grandmother of one. I have a demanding job with the center of immunization research which is part of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public health. Currently I am working on a dengue virus trail funded by the Gates foundation. That is a long way of saying a bunch of rich folks giving away money is the reason I have a job. There is also a second, much less demanding job with the Disney Store. My Disney store is an outlet located in Arundel Mills Mall next to the Maryland Live casino. This makes for some interesting "guests" but that is a story for another time.
When not busy with the above, I have become increasingly fond of running. Over the years I have progressed from fair weather "I'll run when I feel like it" to "yes I can do a half marathon and put in the training even in winter. Running has helped my downsize from 155lbs to 136 as of yesterday without a whole lot of dietary modifications. Even my DH has noticed that I have become "more compact"
After 33 years with the public school system my husband decided to retire at the age 59. While his income has dropped dramatically, our expenses haven't. Thus the decision was made to put our house on the market and look for something smaller in a neighborhood where we didn't have to think about the school system. So we are now in the process of "downsizing"
This blog is meant to cronical both the running and the retirement.
No comments:
Post a Comment