Saturday, February 14, 2015

The agent

So, part of listing a house is hiring a real estate agent.  I have turfed off this assignment to Andy because a) he is now retired and since he doesn't even want to look for paid employment till June has lots of time. b) even if I took this on I would be second guessed and this would just piss me off.  After interviewing three agents he has made his choice.  This agent sold our neighbor's house in 8 days.

This man with his vast amount of knowledge prices our house at &799k. and expects to us to see 745K and it to be sold within 1 month.  Yes I know it's a nice neighborhood with a community beach.  I know we are walking distance to just about anything we would need (God I'm going to miss that) but that seems like an extreme amount of cash.

One of the other choices was the agent who sold us the house.  She lives in the neighborhood.  She noted that because of our neighbor across the street and his fondness for parking boats in his yard, we would take at 50k hit on the price.  Odd, that when we bought the house we paid full price and it wasn't an issue.  I personally love my neighbor as he owns a snow plow and bailed us out on numerous occasions (God I will miss that too)

The contract will be signed on friday.  Let the madness begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment